The Children's Library serves toddlers through 6th graders, parents, teachers, grandparents, aunts, uncles...and you!
The library exists to assist children, families, and others with their spiritual growth and development by providing inspiration, guidance, enjoyment, and tools for teaching and learning.
The Children's Library is located to the right of the Preschool main gate entrance (the north end of the Main Street Kids area, across from the Sanctuary).
Sunday Mornings: 8:15 AM - 12:30 PM
Wednesday Evenings: 5:45 PM - 7:30 PM
Thousands of books for all ages, including:
- Bibles and Bible stories
- Bible reference (atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.)
- Missionary stories
- Other non-fiction (biography, history, poetry, science, etc.)
- Classics and award-winning books
- Board books
- Life issues (death, divorce, blended families, new babies, etc.)
- Clubhouse, Jr.
- Sports Spectrum
CDs & Audio Cassettes
SEARCH THE COLLECTION
Click HERE to search the collection.
Note: If you receive a "My IntraWeb Application Error," please open the link using a different browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
The catalog is updated approximately every six months.
Click HERE to view the newest additions to the collection.
If you need help finding what you are looking for, feel free to contact us.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM
A fun and effective way to encourage kids to read! This is an opportunity to earn prizes while reading books from our library! Open to both readers and pre-readers.
- Books: 3 per person
- Audio cassettes & CDs: 1 per person
- Videos & DVDs: 2 per family
- Books, Audio cassettes, & CDs: 2 weeks
- Videos & DVDs: 1 week
- Materials are on loan to you at NO COST.
- Overdue Books, Audio cassettes, & CDs: 10¢ per week
- Overdue Videos & DVDs: 25¢ per week
- Maximum overdue fine: $3.00
- Lost or damaged materials: cost of item
Volunteer as a library assistant! Assist in the library on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings. Includes duties such as checking items in and out using an automated system, shelving books, assisting patrons, and various other library tasks as needed. No experience is necessary—training will be provided.
- Donations: We gladly accept donations of new or used books and other items. Any item that cannot be added to the library collection will be donated to another worthy cause.
- If you wish to make a donation in celebration of a birthday or other occasion, in appreciation for or in memory of a friend or loved one, please speak to the Children's Librarian. A bookplate will be placed in the front of the book in the person's honor.
- Ministry Builders: Ask for Ministry Builders stamps each time you make a purchase at Family Christian Stores, then bring the stamps to the Children's Library. For every 20 stamps collected, the Children's Library receives $5.00 off any product available at Family Christian Stores!
Pray that God will use the Children's Library for His glory, that the library will minister to the needs of all who use it, and that those who work in the library will be given wisdom in assisting individuals with their needs.
Karen McFann Lib4Him@aol.com 619.447.9426